OMG…..I am so overwhelmed this week!! I have been nominated for the second time for the Sunshine Bloggers Award!!!
I was nominated by this blogger, her name is Mrs. Ski. She loves anything outdoors from plants to herbs and spices and even nature life with the animals. She can show you how to become one with your environment and take advantage of the green scenery. I want to start growing veggies in my backyard and hope to learn alot from her. Continue reading about her on her blog site -click here Outdoor with the Ski’s
Thank you so much for nominating me!!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award received by fellow bloggers who feel that their peer exhibits the character writing of one who inspires and expresses positive messages throughout their blogs.
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations
Questions from Mrs. Ski
- Why do you love blogging? I love to write about my experiences and share them with the world. I believe that if one writes down in words and express their feelings about things, share ideas and go on adventures with others, it is very healthy for the mind and soul.
- What is your favorite hobby besides blogging? I love to travel. Wherever the wind wants to take me to I try to go. I like experiencing new things and meeting different people and cultures. I wish I had unlimited funds but hey you only have one life…live it up!!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Well, right now I am working on finally using my passport and travel to Puerto Rico with a group of wonderful ladies. This will be my 1st time but if I wanted to just go on vacay for a week all-inclusive Hawaii for me!!
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog? I am a mom of three teens, wife and blogger full-time. I recently retired after 23 years of retail after being disabled. So I take care of my family and travel when I can to see the states. My blog was inspired by my family of 5. We are such a close family, not to say we don’t have our battles but I tend to write alot about our entertainment such as music, movies, sports in Florida and common everyday things that make me so proud of my family. I also feature bloggers and entrepreneurs to add a business side to my blog to inspire others who want to find their passion.
- What is your favorite season? Since I live here in Florida, we only have one season HOT….lol What I can tell you is that because my wedding anniversary is in April, I love Spring…its the season of love for me.
- How often do you post in your blog? I usually go in spurts and pull an all-niter where I will schedule at least 4-5 new posts per month depending on what is happening that month. This week I worked on 5 posts and that will probably be it until the end of the month.
- Do you love blogging? Most definitely!! I am avid in writing out my experiences and love to share with people. I especially love when I post something that sets a light bulb off in someone’s head or makes them feel special and inspired after reading it.
- What is your favorite type of food? I don’t have a favorite type but I am very picky when it comes to what goes in my mouth. No room temperature, No legs on it or feet, Not the color of puke and it has to be neat on my plate otherwise I don’t even give it a second look.
- What got you started blogging? A couple years ago I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and I needed an outlet to give myself a purpose for getting up in the morning. I’ve had alot of family tragedies over the past few years and this seemed to make me happy. Today, I am doing so much better coping and my blog pieces have inspired and I have made countless amount of people happy.
- How did you choose your blog name? Well, my blog is inspired by family entertainment so I knew that had to be in it. Next, the topics I talked about had to have music and movies in it. I had to come up with another M to describe my life of excitement and chaos at the same time so I came up with M-music, M-movies and M-madness of Family Entertainment.
- What is your least favorite chore? I do not like Nagging. It seems that all we do daily is tell people to do the same thing over and over and they act like they are listening. I have to add that to tasks to do daily on top of chores so I count that as a chore.
The Bloggers I have nominated for:
- Garf – Morning Side Fit
- Paloma – Wander Through
- Brenda, Andrew and B –Dish Our Town
- Elena Toma –Beauty Magic Box
- Cindy Moore –Cindy Goes Beyond
- Gina Smith –Living the Smith Life
- Christine King –Christine King
- Life, Travel and Soul –Life Travel and Soul
- Christy –Adventures of a Mom
- Ene Abah –Belle Tammy Blog spot
- Paul McGinley –Mr. Anything Goes
Questions for the Nominees:
- What is your favorite time of the day to eat?
- Who do you most credit for the success of your blog?
- If you could change one thing you did yesterday, what would it be?
- If you had to live in one climate, which one would it be Hot or Cold?
- Do you like to cook?
- In your travels, what was your favorite place to visit and why?
- What is something you are dreaming about doing in this lifetime?
- Have you ever been to all 50 states?
- What was the best thing that ever happened to you?
- What is your favorite cuisine?
- Name one thing that inspires you when you blog?
Thank you everyone for being so inspiring. I love all these blogs for the passion for traveling and living life to the fullest!!
Like, Comment, Subscribe and Follow my blog at MMMoffamilyentertainment…Go Now!!
Moms lets face it we have way too much to do everyday and we think there is no way to make it easier…actually, I have found alot of ways to make things easier on myself. Meet me and my teens…
My kids are now teens and I thought it would be easier as they got older…nope…it just gets more difficult to communicate to your family that you need help. I have a disability, so everything I do daily centers around making sure that things get taken care of around the house. Every once and awhile, my teens amaze me and do something without asking. I love being a mom but I am so tired all the time.
I am getting a lot of request from moms about how I come up with all these ideas to make things simpler in my household. So I am going to share with you 5 tips on how I manage my daily maintenance with 5 grown people in the house….
- Tip #1 Everyone knows that laundry is a pain and if you could do less of it you would, right? Everyday, I heard from the kids “Where are all the towels?” or “Every time I go to wash up there are no towels?” Someone would be assigned to them and wouldn’t do them so I got frustrated with them using our whole inventory of 15 towels in one day so I reduced everyone to a lovely beach towel cloths. My husband loves Star Trek so special ordered it, I have the Tiger because I love them, Briana has a doggy because she loves animals, Devon loves wrestling so I special ordered the All-stars WWE and Jr. has the Patriots, which is his favorite team. These do not absorb water and can be reused over and over until they are dirty. We only do the wash cloths and hand towels which is so much better.
- Tip #2 Writing notes around the house…very important!! For some reason, saying it and writing it gets two different results. From air conditioner settings, to trash and recycle to driver safety. We are recycling now to use less trash bags and it saves a lot of money. If anyone has teen drivers, the S.M.I.T.H method will help in guiding them in checking the right things when getting in the car. I came up with this when my oldest started driving 5 years ago and now I use it for my daughter.
- Tip #3 Cleaning supplies have gone down to bare essentials. I have found that the chemicals are too toxic to me, pets and the environment, so I only use Vinegar, Water and for tough stains baking soda. To clean messes off counters we use the towels given to us from the Florida Tropics soccer game we go to. Make sure you keep Clorox wipes to clean off phones since they have more germs than a toilet seat.
- Tip #4 Kitchen cabinet organization is a must! I had to redo all the cabinets because I could never find anything. It helps when putting groceries away.
- Tip #5 Last but not least…please have monthly family meetings. We set up who does chores and talk about what is going on the next month. Communication is important in a house with many people, always include the children’s input. Chore charts for reminders and schedule times for work and activities are marked down.
We Got This!!!
Here are some books available online to also help moms with making their lives a little easier….
Thank you for reading my blog….like, comment, subscribe and follow to get more tips on Making your mom life alot easier!!
Congratulations to MMMoffamilyentertainment for being nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!!!
I am so honored to receive this nomination from a fellow blogger of mine who I have just recently connected to in the past few weeks. They have received the Liebster Award, Blogger Recognition Award and the Sunshine Bloggers Award twice. This particular blogger I met in a group of other inspiring bloggers and loved how they posted about things that inspire them, experiences they had and giving back to their fellow bloggers by featuring them as guest bloggers who have positive messages to share with readers. This person is Charli Dee. Check out her story at Life With Charli
“Even just a little inspiration goes a long way.” Charli Dee
Thank you so much for nominating me!!
The Sunshine Blogger Award-
An award given by bloggers to their peers to honor those who inspire and spread positivity through their blogs.
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award-
Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
List the Sunshine Blogger Award Rules and display the logo on your site.
Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions given by person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
Notify the nominees about their nominations.
Questions from Charli Dee
Which of your blog post is your favorite? “The cover comes off…no more filters” I wrote about being able to be free from having to look the way society expected me to and teaching my daughter the same.
What is your favorite color? My favorite color is Black or Red, especially when I am picking out a nice car. I love the shine it has.
What is your favorite food? I don’t have a particular favorite because I love all food but I do have a couple rules before eating it- it has to be hot, not spicy, not moving and look good on the plate, presentation is key.
Do you have a secret talent? I recently found out that I am really good at creating ideas in my head while I sleep. Most of my blog posts come after I have been dreaming. I probably could write a book but I wanted to start my hand in blogging first to see how it goes..lol
Which season(Spring, Winter, Summer, Fall) is your favorite? So, I live in Florida and basically we have 3 seasons-Hot, Very Hot and Don’t Even Bother Coming Out Hot..but when I lived in my hometown Cleveland, Ohio for 35 years, I loved the Spring with fresh flowers and it was a great time to clean inside and outside of your house.
What song would be your theme or anthem? My current theme song is “I will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor. I have been through so much in the last 6 years that I am a survivor.
Who is your favorite celebrity? Surprisingly, I don’t have one. I am all about knowing the real person not the character they play on t.v. so I really can’t say that I love any celebrity.
Do you have a favorite book? Right now, I am trying to get into reading but can’t seem to find the time or me time for that matter to get it done. I have 3 teens and a husband who take up most of my time. I write in my blog early in the mornings and that’s about all the time I have.
Do you have a favorite movie? Well, I actually have 3- Saturday Night Fever, Jackie Brown and Goodfellas. I can watch these over and over and never get tired of them.
Do you have a t.v. show you’re binging on right now? I think if I can remember a couple weeks back, I watched the new show “The Enemy Within” This is a must see!!
What is the one thing you love most about blogging? I love being able to share my life with others through my eyes. Writing about things that are on my mind and being able to share with others what inspires me about them.
So here are My Nominees-
- Davis– Everything Starts With Tea
- Liz Deacon- Mummy Overload
- Nicole Obenshine- Postpartum To Powerful
- Carolyn Thomas- Heart Sisters
- Laura Wright- On the Wright Path
- BBB- Beauty Beyond Bones
- Katricia- Simply Katricia
- Khia Glover- Notes By Khia
- Laurie- Life McLean
- Up and Forward- Up and Forward LA
- Tera, Jessica and Stephanie- It’s My Crazy Beautiful Life
Questions for My Nominees-
- What got you started in writing your own blog?
- Are you currently writing a book or have published one?
- What is your favorite part of the day(Early Morning, Midday Afternoon or Late-Night)?
- Are you able to recite the alphabet backwards?
- Name one thing that inspires you about being a women?
- If you were to travel anywhere in the world that you have never been, where would you go?
- What is your favorite song of all time?
- If you could go back in time to any year where would it be and why?
- Which method of traveling do you prefer(car, bus, airplane, train or bicycle)?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- If you could describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
To all my fellow bloggers…
***Thank you for being so inspiring and giving readers a chance to experience your life through your writing.
Like, Comment, Subscribe and Follow my blog at MMMoffamilyentertainment.com …GO NOW!! Thank you to all my readers!!
Last year, I had the pleasure of meeting some incredible Queens, who have taught me the meaning of knowing who I am and that I am worthy of wearing a crown each and every single day. I have been apart of this great group of women who are like-minded and care for not only for themselves and others but they take it to the next level and make sure that the community is taken care of through the presence of their generosity, time and compassion. The lady responsible for bringing all this together believed in making a difference in the community and wanted to help women find their passions, put on their crowns everyday and go for it!! She is simply a beautiful person inside and out and I would like to thank her for all that she has done not only for the women of the group, but for me, I am blessed to know this lady…introducing
Valerie Padilla and The Womens Empowerment Group
Admin:Valerie Padilla Moderator:Catherine P. Marilyn R. Valerie C. and Linda L.
Valerie’s Women Empowerment started on May 25, 2018, and have been established as one of the most popular facebook groups to date. With 4k members and counting, this women’s group has shown what it truly means to be active in the community.
Whether they are feeding the homeless, collecting food items for families, creating art with the seniors, providing toys for kids or helping break ground for their community, these women do a great job in Giving Back! They were recently awarded a certificate by Senator Brian A. Benjamin for their community.
This group of women also Give Hope to those who are in need and Give Back to charitable organizations from bake sales, toy drives, and just a smiling face and hug for one in need.
The Womens Empowerment Group showing up all over New York City and even across the map to spread love and blessings.
Valerie a self-made entrepreneur and empowerment advocate. She introduced the #ThatsLife collection when she started the group. Get your shirts, sweatshirts and hats by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing. Join her Womens group at Valeries Women Empowerment Group.
Daily inspiration, determination and blessings come from these great group of women!!
“Everyday you wake up, you put on your crown and remember you are blessed, you are strong and you are determined” V.P.
Supporting a Queens Dream….women empowerment!!📔
Tonight, we celebrate 1 year of being a beautiful, united group of empowering women from all backgrounds and all over the map. We celebrate as we put our crowns on tonight, not just everything we have done but what we can accomplish together as women today and all the days of our lives together. I am so truly proud of these women and everything that they stand for is who I want to be and am because of them. I want to Thank you Valerie’s Empowerment Group for making me feel like a true Queen in the Queendom. 👑
Love Queen LaFrieda👑
Thank you reading this post…I cried through the whole thing. It is going to be emotional tonight but I am so happy to have met these wonderful women.
Dont forget to Like, comment, subscribe and follow….GO NOW!!
What has happened to communication these days…..we go from this
Landlines at home and you have a answering machine…to beepers to cell phones on the go that have to stay charged and near you at all times…
Simplified word and game processing to worrying about viruses on your operating system from the internet…..
Listening to the same great song over and over every time you start the car….to cleaning a shiny piece of plastic that gets scratched when you play the same song over and over…
Parent teacher conferences in person to email me and I will get back to you…….
Listening to a radio program to watching the first color program to breaking the bank on buying expensive screens to watch TV as a luxury…..
to to this
Big Speaker radios to dance in the club or your house with records playing on the record player to I don’t want to be bothered with your music, so I am putting my headphones on….
Family dinners at 6pm every night where the family talks about their day to people eating alone with their cell phone in hand and distancing themselves from everyone….
to having sex without dating what happened to courting someone and getting to know them…really?
I am talking about communication because I am an old-school soul. I loved living the simple life where kids played outside with their imagination until the street light came on. Now it seems, since technology has taken over every kid growing up now has to have a phone, big television or the latest gaming system to preoccupy their mind from being creative with their time. There are way too many conveniences and it causes alot of anxiety and depression not only for those who are baby-boomers but the teens who are pressured by what they see on you-tube and television programs these days that provide a false sense of reality for them. Being rich doesn’t come from living in Beverly Hills, you have to work for it, having designer clothes are not supposed to make you feel more important than everyone else..you are paying for the name on a plain shirt. Teens and most adults don’t realize these things because of the songs that get sang and the shows that create a false message about how the world really works. People since technology, have decided to communicate through towers instead of face to face. Families are not the same anymore with dinners and conversation, teens are eating in their rooms or worse skipping meals. Communication is a must-have in any relationship from parent to child, husband to wife, sister to brother and friend to friend…we have to get back to the old days when we all knew each other better by sitting our techs down and speaking from the heart.
This clip is from my favorite Christmas movie…when times were simpler.
Thank you for subscribing and following my blog….Go Now if you haven’t and stay tuned for more from MMMoffamilyentertainment!!
About the Author:
Anjie Williams-Brown is from Nashville, Tennessee. Her background and specialty is organization. She lives in Nashville Tennessee but home is Birmingham Alabama. Anjie has three children and six awesome grandchildren, the youngest is two and the oldest is 15. She is married to an awesome man of God. She is the proud owner of Phoenix Rising, specializing in handmade candles and glass etching. She also enjoys reading, writing, and crafts of all types.
*To find out more about Anjie on Facebook by clicking here Anjie Williams-Brown
AGAINST ALL ODDS by Anjie Williams-Brown
Imagine what it would be like if everyone allowed life’s obstacles to slow them down. Just think how stagnated life would be if we allowed two little words to control our lives. Those two little words are “I Can’t”. I can’t causes several domino effects:
1. It puts our minds in a defeatist state.
2. It causes us not to accomplish our goals.
3. It is contagious; it tends to affect everyone around you.
There are a few things that come into play if those two words take up residence in our minds:
1. We sell ourselves short.
2. We will not allow ourselves to reach our peak potential.
3. We exhibit a negative opinion ourselves.
Think for a moment—what if………
1. Justin Timberlake was afraid to sing.
2. Daniel Radcliffe had never stepped out to be Harry
3. Howie Mandel didn’t start out on St. Elsewhere.
4. Jay Leno never told a joke
5. Keanu Reeves, Whoopie Gold berg, Sylvester Stallone
and Danny Glover all stuck their heads in the sand.
If they used the “I can’t” theory they would have never been successful. Justin Timberlake has a combination of ADD and OCD. Daniel Radcliffe has dyspraxia –a neurological disorder that affects his motor skills. Howie Mandel is ADHD and OCD. Keanu Reeves, Whoopie Gold berg, Sylvester Stallone, Jay Leno and Danny Glover are all dyslexic.
There are so many ordinary people with extreme dysfunctions, the Vietnam vets who lost their limbs, but never stopped striving for a better world. The banker with Multiple Sclerosis. The lawyer with the scars of Polio or the quadriplegic mother of three. Yet, they never stopped realizing their dreams or reaching their goals.
Each of us are reasonably healthy, but yet we constantly use the words “I can’t”. Can’t is such a helpless word that it needs and apostrophe to hold it together. As women of faith we should never put I and can’t in the same sentence. It has been said that God has blessings stored up for us and all we have to do is ask. If we constantly say “I Can’t” we will never be in a position to receive them. Remember, some of our best accomplishments are the ones we obtained against all odds.
Anjetta (Anjie ) Williams-Brown
Subscribe and follow my Blog to enjoy more great reads…Go Now!!
About the author: She has a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology and Psychology. She is an Entrepreneur, a Speaking engagement coordinator, a Personal Style Integrator and owns a boutique in Kenya, Africa.
Reader, adventurous, life’s student, loves real talk, dream-chaser, passionate about life.
Are Women Really Empowered?
“Women empowerment has indeed done a marvelous job on increasing women’s economic and political capacity.
The 21st Century has seen more women contributing more to a country’s GDP than any other century in the life span of the human race.
Behind the glamour of the empowered 21st Century woman is a lady struggling to define ‘self-worth and dignity’.
I was having a conversation with a friend who is a counselor and it was so devastating to hear that despite being well educated, women are not emotionally empowered. Her clientele’s age-group target is women in their 20’s. In this era where we are told that women need to have their own careers, very few are telling the young women that they need to love themselves first.
The young women are still allowing men to define their dignity. When it gets to a point that a woman can permit anal penetration just to keep a man… There is a problem!
I was seated in a restaurant next to a group of women whose conversations were irresistible since they were loud so I was guilty of eavesdropping. They were discussing a lady whose husband isn’t only violent towards her but also towards the house help. The lady in discussion, has a business but the man controls when she runs it. If he is home after a night-shift and wakes up in the afternoon, she’ll have to close her business to go and attend to him. The domestic violence has affected her ability to run the business hence cannot increase the family’s income because her husband controls her every movement. How low can her esteem be????
Whatever happened to male protection of the female species? It has now become male violation of the female species.
That is just a tip of the ice berg of the question on ‘What was the point of women empowerment if women polished their outside and forgot to take care of what is inside?’
Output is a result of Input. When a woman doesn’t love, respect and invest in her personal growth, everybody around her will experience the anguish.
Let’s face it, a woman’s emotions cause a ripple effect.
Whatever is in a woman’s heart affects her immediate environment.
The very first commandment of women empowerment should have been:
WOMAN…… LOVE THY SELF!”
To read or comment on this or more of Leila’s writing click here Leila’s Blog
Married almost 20 years and have realized that everything needs constant attention!!
Happy Valentine’s Day to all the relationships that exist in this world from married, to just dating, great friendships or parents who are so in love with their children as I am. We have to treat every relationship with care and make sure we keep our attention to those we love and cherish for they are who we have when life gets rough and who helps us celebrate our accomplishments.
*Marriage and relationships are like a business and I am not talking about the rich and famous who get together for the benefit of their finances but I am talking about maintaining ( 6 ) good practices day in-day out.*
#1 The Interview– When you go on a job interview, the employer ask questions about you and qualifications, just like when you go on a date. This first date will determine whether there is a second or not…so make a good impression always.
#2 Customer Satisfaction- When you are in business, your customers are the most important for sustaining your business, in a relationship, couples need to know when their needs aren’t being met and what they need to improve on.
#3 Communication- When you are in business, make sure that you are knowledgeable about the products and services you are are selling and where they are coming from, in a relationship, it is important to keep all lines of conversation open to let the partner know where you are in your thoughts and feelings about certain topics. If something bothers you or is offensive and hurts you let them know. This allows for each person to get to know where each other’s placement and views come from.
#4 Quotas- With any successful business, there are deadlines, schedules and maintenance needed to keep the business fresh and new, meanwhile, in a relationship, whether you are abstinent or having intercourse regularly, it is very important to have time set aside for Maintenance needed on both ends. Making plans for date night every week incorporating family events or just some self-reflection time makes for a healthier relationship. It also gives an opportunity for excitement and adrenaline rush like when you know you are about to go on vacation from work. Time is precious-use it wisely.
#5 On-boarding of New Recruits- When in business, employees specialties come into play when it comes to a successful operation. Now, when it comes to relationships-I am not talking about three-somes and freaky stuff-O.M.L. I am talking about friendships with couples alike. Making connections with others like yourself and spending time exchanging stories while having a good time, it helps relationships grow. It is okay to be each other’s best friend at times because being able to laugh with one another is a plus for a healthy union.
#6 The Bottom-line- When you are running a business, there are going to be times of success and failures. Mistakes made in business can be costly, so you have to get together as a team and figure out what is needed to get back on track. In relationships, we are all human and make mistakes and as a team we must communicate, apologize and forgive mistakes. Find out from each other what is needed to do better next time. Open lines of communication keep the relationship and individual changing for the better. Closing the door, leads to heartache and shutdown.
Happy Valentines Day from a wife of almost 20 years married to my best friend who has made mistakes and has learned alot through these practices. May the relationships you share be as fulfilling as mine. Love, LaFrieda and Brian 2019
I have the honor of knowing one of the nominees for this amazing group of women. They are a worldwide group with inspiring, educated, posed and passionate group of women who help other women with dreams and goals for their business and life. My friend “Michiko Riezz” a beautiful women inside and out, has been a wonderful inspiration for me and has been one of reasons why I chose to start writing. She is a life and business coach who is passionate about women feeling good about themselves and what they do. I would love to introduce to you a rising star….Michiko Riezz
- All the categories are under Global Inspirational, Global Entrepreneur, Global Honorary, Global Aspirational, Global Leadership, Global Celebrity and Global Corporate Awards.
Subscribe to Global Woman and Co at email@example.com or click the link below to find about upcoming events Global Woman Magazine
*If you would like to vote for her click the link below and use the Facebook link below for her personal profile question.
Global Women’s Summit
Michiko Riezz Facebook Profile(Please use this link for Step 2)
“Michiko, the business coach, has always put her clients first. She radiates a passion to help women from all the world to become very successful in not only just business but in life. Michiko, the life coach, has recently made a commitment to make healthier lifestyle choices that are not only for herself but for her family whom she loves with every beat of her heart. Michiko, as a friend, we met under the strangest of circumstances but formed a bond through a mutual belief that women are beautiful, empowering, and inspire each other when we all support each other. She exudes the true meaning of her quote “The World look’s at you, Following your Lead! Show them who you are.” L.S.
How she has inspired me. This is why I think she deserves the(Global Inspirational Award)
**Please go vote above and I hope with everything I shared about this lovely lady that you will be inspired also to vote for her. Check her out on Facebook and Instagram!! Thank you to all my readers. If you have not subscribed to my blog.…GO NOW!!