Tattoos..a story written for every individual like an autobiography published that explains the road traveled by most with failures, accomplishments, tragedies, life lessons learned and thing to be proud of expressed on the body. Most of us have our story hidden but the rest of us want people to know what we have gone through. In many religions, it is sacred to deface the body of a human with any kind of piercings or tattoos but why deprive one of such an opportunity to express themselves.
I saw a photo of a lady who wanted to take her story and give it a happy ending. Her life consisted of being sad, covering up the scars turned her from a victim to a survivor…..
In another life, people write down who they place their heart and soul with….then it gets broken, that story gets told through love quotes and a broken heart for the end…..
Proud parents who cherish their children and want to celebrate the day they were born with names and dates over and over again..on the other side the sad soul who lost their love and life in one moment, writing numbers and symbols in remembrance….
Believing in your country and what it stands for while being proud of who you are …making your mark on the world with being part of history, celebrating your freedom…..
Reliving a moment in your life that you thought you would never achieve and look on as others admire your accomplishment no matter how big or small…..
Rooting for your favorite team and supporting them with your dedication to their organization….or keeping with your family markings for generations to come…..
Admiring your environment and loving the way the Earth births beautiful things so you want to see this on you day after day……
These are some of the ways to write your story for the world….this is My Storybook.
My name is LaFrieda and I am a mom of three, wife and my family is the love of my life. I currently have 5 tattoos on my body representative of me living my life. My left arm has my very first tattoo of my three kids names in a heart designed by me. My second on the right leg has a tigers face on it, representing my love for animals with my children’s names under it. My third on the left leg has another full body tiger helping me go down a road to greatness in my life. My fourth on the right arm, success in graduating from college at 38 years old while working a full-time job and taking care of a family and last, the one on my left thigh, begun my journey to live life to the fullest despite the failures I had in life…I would get better and stronger after devastation. Right now I am currently working on my 6th story for my right thigh…I am thinking it will have something to do with my love for music.
I am trying to decide between these two…let me know which one would be nice on my right thigh…
I sketched both of these myself…I just can’t decide which one to go with. Which one A or B?
“Never be ashamed of your story…it is Who You Are“ L.S.
Like, Comment, Subscribe and Follow my blog if you haven’t already…Go Now!!
Thank you to all my readers.
OMG…..I am so overwhelmed this week!! I have been nominated for the second time for the Sunshine Bloggers Award!!!
I was nominated by this blogger, her name is Mrs. Ski. She loves anything outdoors from plants to herbs and spices and even nature life with the animals. She can show you how to become one with your environment and take advantage of the green scenery. I want to start growing veggies in my backyard and hope to learn alot from her. Continue reading about her on her blog site -click here Outdoor with the Ski’s
Thank you so much for nominating me!!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award received by fellow bloggers who feel that their peer exhibits the character writing of one who inspires and expresses positive messages throughout their blogs.
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations
Questions from Mrs. Ski
- Why do you love blogging? I love to write about my experiences and share them with the world. I believe that if one writes down in words and express their feelings about things, share ideas and go on adventures with others, it is very healthy for the mind and soul.
- What is your favorite hobby besides blogging? I love to travel. Wherever the wind wants to take me to I try to go. I like experiencing new things and meeting different people and cultures. I wish I had unlimited funds but hey you only have one life…live it up!!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Well, right now I am working on finally using my passport and travel to Puerto Rico with a group of wonderful ladies. This will be my 1st time but if I wanted to just go on vacay for a week all-inclusive Hawaii for me!!
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog? I am a mom of three teens, wife and blogger full-time. I recently retired after 23 years of retail after being disabled. So I take care of my family and travel when I can to see the states. My blog was inspired by my family of 5. We are such a close family, not to say we don’t have our battles but I tend to write alot about our entertainment such as music, movies, sports in Florida and common everyday things that make me so proud of my family. I also feature bloggers and entrepreneurs to add a business side to my blog to inspire others who want to find their passion.
- What is your favorite season? Since I live here in Florida, we only have one season HOT….lol What I can tell you is that because my wedding anniversary is in April, I love Spring…its the season of love for me.
- How often do you post in your blog? I usually go in spurts and pull an all-niter where I will schedule at least 4-5 new posts per month depending on what is happening that month. This week I worked on 5 posts and that will probably be it until the end of the month.
- Do you love blogging? Most definitely!! I am avid in writing out my experiences and love to share with people. I especially love when I post something that sets a light bulb off in someone’s head or makes them feel special and inspired after reading it.
- What is your favorite type of food? I don’t have a favorite type but I am very picky when it comes to what goes in my mouth. No room temperature, No legs on it or feet, Not the color of puke and it has to be neat on my plate otherwise I don’t even give it a second look.
- What got you started blogging? A couple years ago I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and I needed an outlet to give myself a purpose for getting up in the morning. I’ve had alot of family tragedies over the past few years and this seemed to make me happy. Today, I am doing so much better coping and my blog pieces have inspired and I have made countless amount of people happy.
- How did you choose your blog name? Well, my blog is inspired by family entertainment so I knew that had to be in it. Next, the topics I talked about had to have music and movies in it. I had to come up with another M to describe my life of excitement and chaos at the same time so I came up with M-music, M-movies and M-madness of Family Entertainment.
- What is your least favorite chore? I do not like Nagging. It seems that all we do daily is tell people to do the same thing over and over and they act like they are listening. I have to add that to tasks to do daily on top of chores so I count that as a chore.
The Bloggers I have nominated for:
- Garf – Morning Side Fit
- Paloma – Wander Through
- Brenda, Andrew and B –Dish Our Town
- Elena Toma –Beauty Magic Box
- Cindy Moore –Cindy Goes Beyond
- Gina Smith –Living the Smith Life
- Christine King –Christine King
- Life, Travel and Soul –Life Travel and Soul
- Christy –Adventures of a Mom
- Ene Abah –Belle Tammy Blog spot
- Paul McGinley –Mr. Anything Goes
Questions for the Nominees:
- What is your favorite time of the day to eat?
- Who do you most credit for the success of your blog?
- If you could change one thing you did yesterday, what would it be?
- If you had to live in one climate, which one would it be Hot or Cold?
- Do you like to cook?
- In your travels, what was your favorite place to visit and why?
- What is something you are dreaming about doing in this lifetime?
- Have you ever been to all 50 states?
- What was the best thing that ever happened to you?
- What is your favorite cuisine?
- Name one thing that inspires you when you blog?
Thank you everyone for being so inspiring. I love all these blogs for the passion for traveling and living life to the fullest!!
Like, Comment, Subscribe and Follow my blog at MMMoffamilyentertainment…Go Now!!
Moms lets face it we have way too much to do everyday and we think there is no way to make it easier…actually, I have found alot of ways to make things easier on myself. Meet me and my teens…
My kids are now teens and I thought it would be easier as they got older…nope…it just gets more difficult to communicate to your family that you need help. I have a disability, so everything I do daily centers around making sure that things get taken care of around the house. Every once and awhile, my teens amaze me and do something without asking. I love being a mom but I am so tired all the time.
I am getting a lot of request from moms about how I come up with all these ideas to make things simpler in my household. So I am going to share with you 5 tips on how I manage my daily maintenance with 5 grown people in the house….
- Tip #1 Everyone knows that laundry is a pain and if you could do less of it you would, right? Everyday, I heard from the kids “Where are all the towels?” or “Every time I go to wash up there are no towels?” Someone would be assigned to them and wouldn’t do them so I got frustrated with them using our whole inventory of 15 towels in one day so I reduced everyone to a lovely beach towel cloths. My husband loves Star Trek so special ordered it, I have the Tiger because I love them, Briana has a doggy because she loves animals, Devon loves wrestling so I special ordered the All-stars WWE and Jr. has the Patriots, which is his favorite team. These do not absorb water and can be reused over and over until they are dirty. We only do the wash cloths and hand towels which is so much better.
- Tip #2 Writing notes around the house…very important!! For some reason, saying it and writing it gets two different results. From air conditioner settings, to trash and recycle to driver safety. We are recycling now to use less trash bags and it saves a lot of money. If anyone has teen drivers, the S.M.I.T.H method will help in guiding them in checking the right things when getting in the car. I came up with this when my oldest started driving 5 years ago and now I use it for my daughter.
- Tip #3 Cleaning supplies have gone down to bare essentials. I have found that the chemicals are too toxic to me, pets and the environment, so I only use Vinegar, Water and for tough stains baking soda. To clean messes off counters we use the towels given to us from the Florida Tropics soccer game we go to. Make sure you keep Clorox wipes to clean off phones since they have more germs than a toilet seat.
- Tip #4 Kitchen cabinet organization is a must! I had to redo all the cabinets because I could never find anything. It helps when putting groceries away.
- Tip #5 Last but not least…please have monthly family meetings. We set up who does chores and talk about what is going on the next month. Communication is important in a house with many people, always include the children’s input. Chore charts for reminders and schedule times for work and activities are marked down.
We Got This!!!
Here are some books available online to also help moms with making their lives a little easier….
Thank you for reading my blog….like, comment, subscribe and follow to get more tips on Making your mom life alot easier!!
Congratulations to MMMoffamilyentertainment for being nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!!!
I am so honored to receive this nomination from a fellow blogger of mine who I have just recently connected to in the past few weeks. They have received the Liebster Award, Blogger Recognition Award and the Sunshine Bloggers Award twice. This particular blogger I met in a group of other inspiring bloggers and loved how they posted about things that inspire them, experiences they had and giving back to their fellow bloggers by featuring them as guest bloggers who have positive messages to share with readers. This person is Charli Dee. Check out her story at Life With Charli
“Even just a little inspiration goes a long way.” Charli Dee
Thank you so much for nominating me!!
The Sunshine Blogger Award-
An award given by bloggers to their peers to honor those who inspire and spread positivity through their blogs.
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award-
Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
List the Sunshine Blogger Award Rules and display the logo on your site.
Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions given by person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
Notify the nominees about their nominations.
Questions from Charli Dee
Which of your blog post is your favorite? “The cover comes off…no more filters” I wrote about being able to be free from having to look the way society expected me to and teaching my daughter the same.
What is your favorite color? My favorite color is Black or Red, especially when I am picking out a nice car. I love the shine it has.
What is your favorite food? I don’t have a particular favorite because I love all food but I do have a couple rules before eating it- it has to be hot, not spicy, not moving and look good on the plate, presentation is key.
Do you have a secret talent? I recently found out that I am really good at creating ideas in my head while I sleep. Most of my blog posts come after I have been dreaming. I probably could write a book but I wanted to start my hand in blogging first to see how it goes..lol
Which season(Spring, Winter, Summer, Fall) is your favorite? So, I live in Florida and basically we have 3 seasons-Hot, Very Hot and Don’t Even Bother Coming Out Hot..but when I lived in my hometown Cleveland, Ohio for 35 years, I loved the Spring with fresh flowers and it was a great time to clean inside and outside of your house.
What song would be your theme or anthem? My current theme song is “I will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor. I have been through so much in the last 6 years that I am a survivor.
Who is your favorite celebrity? Surprisingly, I don’t have one. I am all about knowing the real person not the character they play on t.v. so I really can’t say that I love any celebrity.
Do you have a favorite book? Right now, I am trying to get into reading but can’t seem to find the time or me time for that matter to get it done. I have 3 teens and a husband who take up most of my time. I write in my blog early in the mornings and that’s about all the time I have.
Do you have a favorite movie? Well, I actually have 3- Saturday Night Fever, Jackie Brown and Goodfellas. I can watch these over and over and never get tired of them.
Do you have a t.v. show you’re binging on right now? I think if I can remember a couple weeks back, I watched the new show “The Enemy Within” This is a must see!!
What is the one thing you love most about blogging? I love being able to share my life with others through my eyes. Writing about things that are on my mind and being able to share with others what inspires me about them.
So here are My Nominees-
- Davis– Everything Starts With Tea
- Liz Deacon- Mummy Overload
- Nicole Obenshine- Postpartum To Powerful
- Carolyn Thomas- Heart Sisters
- Laura Wright- On the Wright Path
- BBB- Beauty Beyond Bones
- Katricia- Simply Katricia
- Khia Glover- Notes By Khia
- Laurie- Life McLean
- Up and Forward- Up and Forward LA
- Tera, Jessica and Stephanie- It’s My Crazy Beautiful Life
Questions for My Nominees-
- What got you started in writing your own blog?
- Are you currently writing a book or have published one?
- What is your favorite part of the day(Early Morning, Midday Afternoon or Late-Night)?
- Are you able to recite the alphabet backwards?
- Name one thing that inspires you about being a women?
- If you were to travel anywhere in the world that you have never been, where would you go?
- What is your favorite song of all time?
- If you could go back in time to any year where would it be and why?
- Which method of traveling do you prefer(car, bus, airplane, train or bicycle)?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- If you could describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
To all my fellow bloggers…
***Thank you for being so inspiring and giving readers a chance to experience your life through your writing.
Like, Comment, Subscribe and Follow my blog at MMMoffamilyentertainment.com …GO NOW!! Thank you to all my readers!!
This is my daughter Briana(8) she played 3 positions on Lady Naughts Softball (Second, Third and Short-Stop)
Lady Naughts Softball team played 16 games and had a season like no other in past years. This group of ladies ended the season 7-9, when in previous years both JV and Varsity didn’t win games at all. The girls played hard and with a lot of heart along tears shed at some of the games. Lakeland High School should be proud of these girls because of their determination and the way they practiced 5 days a week and showed up to PLAY.
Moments from previous games….
Scores from the last 8 games…
3/15/19 McKeel 12 -0 Lady Naughts
3/18/19 Seffner Christian 7-5 Lady Naughts
4/2/19 FrostProof 20-1 Lady Naughts
4/3/19 McKeel16 -0 Lady Naughts
4/4/19 Lake Gibson 10-7 Lady Naughts
4/8/19 Lady Naughts 12-7 Ridge Community
4/16/19 Mulberry7-5 Lady Naughts
4/22/19 Fort Meadedidn’t record score but Fort Meade against Lady Naughts.
Finishing the season out with 7-9 , so proud of these young ladies!!
On May 10, 2019, Lakeland softball coaches Chip and Mike had a Softball banquet to honor both JV and Varsity softball teams along with an appearance from Deron Collins, the Athletic Director of Lakeland High School. The ladies were all given gifts from their coaches, were praised on their performances and exchange gifts with each other as a team to show their appreciation for one another. Here are some of the ladies from the team all dressed up for the banquet including my daughter Briana.
From left to right: Briana(Second base), Tatiana(pitcher), Lexi(catcher),Ariana(Short Stop) and Morgan(third base).
Until next season ladies…..123 Team!!! I will Miss you
Check out my previous post under Sports Florida on the Lady Naughts to see what they have been doing all season!!
Don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe to my post. Thank you to all my readers!
GO NOW!! Have a great weekend!!
On Sports in Florida….
Tampa Bay Rays are now in second place after losing the last game against the Yankees which are their number one competition.
Tampa Bay Rays 27-17
Red Sox 25-22
Blue Jays 19-28
Tampa Bay Rays has 2 secret weapons to close out games…but lately whether it be postponed games, rain outs or just previous poor pitching, they have not been able to fully utilize their pitching staff. I call them “The Double-Mint Twins”
Jose Alvarado Diego Castillo
On the bright side…The Rays has been on fire with home run hitters..here are the star players…
Brandon Lowe– (10) home runs for the season, Yandy Diaz-(9) home runs for the season and Austin Meadows-(9) home runs
Game stats for The Rays…
4/20 & 4/21
L 4-6 L 5-6 at home (Tropicana Field) home
4/22, 4/23(2), 4/24
W 6-3 (double-header W 5-2, W 5-2) L 2-10home
4/26, 4/27, 4/28
PPD, L 6-8, W 2-1 W 5-2 (Fenway )
4/29, 4/30, 5/1,(2), 5/2
W 8-5, PPD (double L-2-3/ L 2-8), W 3-1(Ewing M. Kaufman)
5/3, 5/4, 5/5
W 7-0, L 3-0, PPD 7-13(Oriole Park Camden Yards)
5/6, 5/7, 5/8
W 12-1, W 6-3, L 2-3home
5/10, 5/11, 5/12
L 3-4, W 7-2, L 1-7home
W 4-0, W 1-0(Marlins)
5/17, 5/18, 5/19
L 3-4, W 2-1, L 5-13(Yankee Stadium)
In the last game, The Rays really got shaken up when one of their hitters Daniel Robertson got hit in the face by pitcher Chad Green during a fast ball. He is going to be okay and Chad Green respectfully was removed after that pitch from the game. We don’t know if this was retaliation from a bad hit to one of the Yankee hitters in a previous game or not but these guys need to stay focused and remember what the ultimate goal is to make it to THE END!! Good Luck Tampa Rays in the next 20 games…hopefully you will get right back on top!!
To end out the month, the Rays play
my hometown team, Blue Jays and
Check out more at Fox Sports and MLB
Subscribe, like and follow my blog at MMMoffamilyentertainment.com….GO NOW!!
What has happened to communication these days…..we go from this
Landlines at home and you have a answering machine…to beepers to cell phones on the go that have to stay charged and near you at all times…
Simplified word and game processing to worrying about viruses on your operating system from the internet…..
Listening to the same great song over and over every time you start the car….to cleaning a shiny piece of plastic that gets scratched when you play the same song over and over…
Parent teacher conferences in person to email me and I will get back to you…….
Listening to a radio program to watching the first color program to breaking the bank on buying expensive screens to watch TV as a luxury…..
to to this
Big Speaker radios to dance in the club or your house with records playing on the record player to I don’t want to be bothered with your music, so I am putting my headphones on….
Family dinners at 6pm every night where the family talks about their day to people eating alone with their cell phone in hand and distancing themselves from everyone….
to having sex without dating what happened to courting someone and getting to know them…really?
I am talking about communication because I am an old-school soul. I loved living the simple life where kids played outside with their imagination until the street light came on. Now it seems, since technology has taken over every kid growing up now has to have a phone, big television or the latest gaming system to preoccupy their mind from being creative with their time. There are way too many conveniences and it causes alot of anxiety and depression not only for those who are baby-boomers but the teens who are pressured by what they see on you-tube and television programs these days that provide a false sense of reality for them. Being rich doesn’t come from living in Beverly Hills, you have to work for it, having designer clothes are not supposed to make you feel more important than everyone else..you are paying for the name on a plain shirt. Teens and most adults don’t realize these things because of the songs that get sang and the shows that create a false message about how the world really works. People since technology, have decided to communicate through towers instead of face to face. Families are not the same anymore with dinners and conversation, teens are eating in their rooms or worse skipping meals. Communication is a must-have in any relationship from parent to child, husband to wife, sister to brother and friend to friend…we have to get back to the old days when we all knew each other better by sitting our techs down and speaking from the heart.
This clip is from my favorite Christmas movie…when times were simpler.
Thank you for subscribing and following my blog….Go Now if you haven’t and stay tuned for more from MMMoffamilyentertainment!!
Hey everyone, so for the last couple of weeks, I have been working on a project called Stanley. Stanley was introduced to me by my niece who is 7 years old. Her class was given the assignment to send one of their family members in another state Stanley to visit them and participate in activities. Meet Flat Stanley….
Yes, he is Flat! Some of you may remember the story of Flat Stanley and how he became flat. He has done so many adventures in his series of books. Check out his books at Flat Stanley Books.
I decided for this project to make his adventure into a PowerPoint Presentation…which was such a great way to put everything together. Below Flat Stanley can tell you about his trip to Florida!!
I decided to let my niece talk to Stanley after 2 days to make sure he was okay…he loved seeing her from Ohio.
So that’s the story of Flat Stanley in Florida!! We enjoyed him and had so much fun…until next time on Flat Stanley’s adventures….check him out by clicking link at Flat Stanley Books
Happy Reading!! If you haven’t subscribed or followed my blog yet your missing out…GO NOW!!
Previously on the Smith Family meetings…..
Last three months, the Smith Family has been implementing a new chore system consisting of random selection of numbers and choosing the Employee of the month. In the month of February, we had me as the winner, then Brian jr. and Devon for March…now the question is who was deserving of the Employee of the Month for April!
Since Jr and Devon were exempt from chores last month, they voted and the winner was…….
Congratulate Briana!!🎉( She showed great care when it came to her dog Sage and was able to balance schoolwork and after-school sports at the same time.
Now that is not the end of this story….In doing this monthly meetings, we did start off with Zoom and while it was fun to do this…every felt that it wasnt effective to do our meetings this way. So, I came up with having a round table meeting where we all can look at each other with copies of the meeting agenda in front of us. At first, I was very upset at the fact that the family knew about the meeting time but did not show up when requested so it was late.
After we did finally get started, I compiled an agenda on paper for our topics so everyone could follow along.
Everyone this month got to look at what chores were on the paper and chose what they wanted. Devon picked #1, Sr. picked #2, Jr. picked #3 and I got what was left which was Sage. Briana being Employee of the Month was exempt so she will be monitoring everyone to see who gets rewarded for May. Now after we had our meeting…the next day it was brought to my attention by Devon that dishes⛾🍴🍽 were not assigned as a chore. Uh-Oh!!😮
After thinking about it I decided that the 3 guys should split it up but it took all but 1 day and they were piling dishes like the water had been cut-off..lol. I decided to split Sun-Thurs and I do Friday and Saturdays, that way it gets done👍
Another topic which was important to cover was shopping for the teens. Me and my husband are getting older and want to make life easier for ourselves. I proposed that the teens start to compile their own lists and the three of them go shopping for their needs instead of relying on us to do it for them. Basically, I have let go but my husband hasn’t…so this had to be forced on the table. The teens will learn how to bargain shop and look at prices and maybe they wont be so quick to pick up as many items when they have a budget. So this month is when they start the program…I know it will work out just fine.
*Very Important: Have family meetings so that everyone can be on the same page. Especially when your kids are grown-up….it makes a big difference when they go out into the real world🌏
Stay tuned to see who gets Employee of the Month……
Thank you to all my readers….Subscribe and follow…Go Now!!