Yummy, Yummy….time for my 10 favorite foods!! I don’t know about you but food is just so good especially when it is prepared just the way you like it!! I love food and I wish I can eat some of these things that are on my list but because I have gotten older and systems aren’t working like they used to, I have to minimize or eliminate these foods from my diet. I hate it. You watch everyone else eat it freely and not get sick but me totally different story. So, without further ado, I am going to tell you what my dream meal would be if I could have it all at once….here it goes..
- Pizza My favorite is Little Cesears Extra-Most Bestest with double pepperoni!!! I don’t eat it a lot now anymore….that pesky heartburn.
- Hamburgers My favorite is the BIG MAC from McDonald’s -2 all beef patties, cheese, pickles and special sauce…they also had the triple for a hot minute…OMG…drooling right now…lol.
- Ice cream I love ice cream whether it is hard or soft, flavored or plain, on a cone or in a bowl. My favorite flavor is butter pecan.
- Spaghetti I learned how to make spaghetti as my first lesson in cooking by my dad. We used ground beef back then but now we use ground turkey and add all the peppers and onions to it. When I was learning to make the sauce we used Ragu…needless to say we couldn’t use the other half because I put it in the cabinet instead of fridge..oops my bad. I don’t fill my plate all the way up like I did as a kid…I think my stomach shrank…lol.
- Fried Chicken “Love that chicken from POPEYES” There is something about chicken and how there are so many ways to make it. I like it fried, baked, barbecued and even canned.
- Eggs All I need is a couple pieces of bacon and some toast…lol I love scrambled eggs and even omelets made with all kinds of ingredients including cheese, mushrooms, choice of meat and peppers.
- Macaroni and cheese with baked beans
A white bowl of the best baked homemade macaroni and cheese on a table with a blue napkin. The recipe is made with elbow pasta and cheddar cheese. The shot is vertical and has selective focus. Macaroni and cheese is a American comfort food or soul food.
plan view shot of baked beans in tomato sauce
This here a meal in itself. I usually eat the Kraft Mac and cheese with baked beans together and this is so delicious.
- Fruits Fruit is a great substitute for anything in sweet snack category. Most of the fruit I eat in blended into a smoothie which is so good for a quick breakfast or lunch. My favorite fruits are bananas, pineapples, mango, strawberries and grapes. I just recently had to cut some fruit from my diet because of hot flashes…which are no joke.
- Polish Boys The ultimate hot dog on a bun, with polish sausage, french fries, coleslaw, and a grilles special choice of barbecue sauce….mouth is watering again…lol. I was introduced to these in my hometown of Cleveland, Ohio and when I tell you they make some awesome polish boys…I ain’t lying. I used to eat 2 in one sitting, now I have to eat one…that pesky heartburn.
- Greens and Potato Salad
Raw Green Organic Collard Greens Ready to Cook
Okay, so, last but not least…yes it is a vegetable. I love potato salad and collard greens together. The potato I make from scratch with potatoes, eggs, mustard and paprika. For some reason, the store bought salad doesn’t do it for me.
Well, that’s all I got for you on my 10 favorite foods. I know while you were reading this you went into the kitchen or thought about getting one of these items for dinner to eat.
Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe and tell all your friends about MMMoffamilyentertainment!! I am still looking to reach 500 followers by September…less than a month away….147 and counting!!
Thank you to all my readers.
Also follow me on Social Media via:
Now you can go and eat!!
Moms lets face it we have way too much to do everyday and we think there is no way to make it easier…actually, I have found alot of ways to make things easier on myself. Meet me and my teens…
My kids are now teens and I thought it would be easier as they got older…nope…it just gets more difficult to communicate to your family that you need help. I have a disability, so everything I do daily centers around making sure that things get taken care of around the house. Every once and awhile, my teens amaze me and do something without asking. I love being a mom but I am so tired all the time.
I am getting a lot of request from moms about how I come up with all these ideas to make things simpler in my household. So I am going to share with you 5 tips on how I manage my daily maintenance with 5 grown people in the house….
- Tip #1 Everyone knows that laundry is a pain and if you could do less of it you would, right? Everyday, I heard from the kids “Where are all the towels?” or “Every time I go to wash up there are no towels?” Someone would be assigned to them and wouldn’t do them so I got frustrated with them using our whole inventory of 15 towels in one day so I reduced everyone to a lovely beach towel cloths. My husband loves Star Trek so special ordered it, I have the Tiger because I love them, Briana has a doggy because she loves animals, Devon loves wrestling so I special ordered the All-stars WWE and Jr. has the Patriots, which is his favorite team. These do not absorb water and can be reused over and over until they are dirty. We only do the wash cloths and hand towels which is so much better.
- Tip #2 Writing notes around the house…very important!! For some reason, saying it and writing it gets two different results. From air conditioner settings, to trash and recycle to driver safety. We are recycling now to use less trash bags and it saves a lot of money. If anyone has teen drivers, the S.M.I.T.H method will help in guiding them in checking the right things when getting in the car. I came up with this when my oldest started driving 5 years ago and now I use it for my daughter.
- Tip #3 Cleaning supplies have gone down to bare essentials. I have found that the chemicals are too toxic to me, pets and the environment, so I only use Vinegar, Water and for tough stains baking soda. To clean messes off counters we use the towels given to us from the Florida Tropics soccer game we go to. Make sure you keep Clorox wipes to clean off phones since they have more germs than a toilet seat.
- Tip #4 Kitchen cabinet organization is a must! I had to redo all the cabinets because I could never find anything. It helps when putting groceries away.
- Tip #5 Last but not least…please have monthly family meetings. We set up who does chores and talk about what is going on the next month. Communication is important in a house with many people, always include the children’s input. Chore charts for reminders and schedule times for work and activities are marked down.
We Got This!!!
Here are some books available online to also help moms with making their lives a little easier….
Thank you for reading my blog….like, comment, subscribe and follow to get more tips on Making your mom life alot easier!!